Karaikal Polytechnic College, Karaikal, an AICTE approved Co-educational institution governed by Pondicherry Institute of Post- Matric and Technical Education (PIPMATE), a Puducherry government sponsored society, offers regular programmes at diploma level in Engineering and Technology to candidates passed 10th and 12th from Puducherry region admitted through a process of selection formulated by the Department of Higher and Technical Education, Government of Puducherry, adopting the curriculum and evaluation methods prescribed by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Tamilnadu.
Karaikal Polytechnic College, Karaikal is a pioneer institution offering Diploma in Engineering and Technology to students of Post Secondary level and aims to uplift the community by recognizing the motto "Technology Triumphs" and strive to accomplish our goals by the following ways:
- To develop the institution as the centre of excellence by equipping it with the latest infrastructure facilities and make it fit to achieve NBA accreditation. The institution stands at the forefront of technical educational institutions by establishing the ISTE Chapter.
- To Provide need based quality education at affordable cost by establishing link with Industries, Govt. Technical establishment, Non-Govt. Organization, Alumni and Parent Teachers Association.
- Besides offering sound technical knowledge the institution focuses its activity in the development of holistic personality of the students by all possible ways so that they can contribute effectively and efficiently in the respective professional career.
- To update the knowledge and skill of the faculty members to meet the fast evolving technological challenges, they are deputed for higher education and various training programmes in Industry, TTTI and other agencies including CIICP under staff development programmes.
- By appreciating the greater ramification of life long learning in the present context, the institution offers value added Technical and Personality development courses to students and technocrats working in industry, under continuing education programmes and student services.
- By orienting every activity towards infusing ethical values, team spirit, self-confidence, good environmental awareness and women empowerment by all possible ways to make the student capable to become a good citizen and to contribute to the socio- economic development of our motherland and the global society at large.